Mortgage activity remains at historically high levels with almost €1 billion in approvals for FTBs and mover purchasers in April.
Thursday 15th June 2023 – Banking & Payments Federation Ireland (BPFI) has today published the latest figures from the BPFI Mortgage Approvals Report for April 2023. The following are the key elements:
- A total of 3,899 mortgages were approved in April 2023 – first-time buyers (FTBs) were approved for 2,417 mortgages (62.3% of total volume) while mover purchasers accounted for 877 (22.5%).
- The number of mortgages approved fell by 13.7% month-on-month and by 9.4% compared with the same period last year.
- Mortgages approved in April were valued at €1,116 million – of which FTBs accounted for €701 million (62.9%) and mover purchasers for €297 million (26.6%).
- The value of mortgage approvals fell by 14.3% month-on-month and by 4.2% year-on-year.
- Re-mortgage/switching activity fell by 63.5% in volume terms year on year and by 64.6% in value in the same period.
If you would like to discuss anything raised in this article with one of our advisers or would like a review of your financial position, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up and you may lose some or all of the money you invest. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future performance. Investments denominated in a currency other than your base currency may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.
Seaspray Financial Services Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland .Registered in Ireland number 582920. Copyright 2023 Seaspray Financial Services Ltd